I’m not even kidding when I say it takes only five minutes to prepare this super-easy cornbread. Just dump all the ingredients into a bowl, mix ’em up, pop in the oven and voila. A healthy, dairy-free, sugar-free, fiber-filled spin on traditional cornbread. Serve warm alongside a cup of chili, and I swear you won’t even miss the butter (that much).
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 2 tbs honey
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease 9X9 pan.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.